Sleeps 6/7, 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, lovely Provence countryhouse, only 5 km from Aix en Provence
This lovely french vacation property reflects a true image of Provence, with cypress trees shooting up in the clear skies, red terracotta tiled roofs, light coloured walls and heavy painted shutters and one must not forget the surrounding fields to remind us that we truly are in “ campagne”, in the country…
Vacation Property Details
- 2 double bedrooms (2 queen size beds)
- 1 French double (1.40m bed)
- 1 single bedroom (1.30m bed)
- 2 full bathrooms (tub, separate shower and wc)
- 1 shower room, 3 WC
- 1 outdoor summer dining area with table, chairs, gaz BBQ and old fashion sink
- A very well appointed kitchen with electric oven, microwave, gas and new electric cooker, coffee machine, electric kettle, refrigerator.
Separate laundry room with washing machine, dryer, ironing facilities and freezer
The hamlet of Pontèsis reached by a small road winding across the fields, only a few minutes away from the charming village of Puyricard, well known for its archaeological site (Oppidum) and its fine chocolate making.
There, on the edge of the Hameau, stands an old converted barn that has become a lovely home.
The house, is set in a corner of the hamlet. Well protected from view by hedges and walls, it is accessible through wooden double doors painted white, opening under a wrought iron archway covered with vines and flowers and leading to a gravelled terrace with a well and an acacia tree. Outside there is a private covered parking area.
What a picture as you walk in! your eye immediately goes to the fuchsia pink mass of oleanders next to the BBQ. then the mound of flowers next to the blocked up well and the stone table, altar shaped, under the tree. Then you will take in the outdoor dining room sheltered under a roofed area with a BBQ at the end, hidden behind the oleanders.
There are wrought iron tables for meals, canvas garden chairs and potted flowers colourfully scattered around the terrace.
This almond green shuttered house is built in length rather than height with rooms leading from one to the other. You start from a very well appointed kitchen in traditional Provençal style, a lovely dining room followed by an entrance hall with guest toilets , a large lounge with a bow window looking onto a field and a television room with satellite TV which has a door opening directly out into a field between lavender borders.
The whole area is mainly south facing with numerous French windows opening onto the terrace and further out the garden with its flowers and plants.
On the left, beyond a hedge, there is the swimming pool surrounded by a large white paved area with a fountain.
Two staircases lead to the bedrooms on the first floor, one from the bottom end of the kitchen and the other from the entrance, next to the guest toilets.
The master bedroom (with a 1.60m bed) and the en-suite bathroom (separate bath and shower, W.C.) are situated slightly apart from the rest of the house, at the top. Windows look out over the terrace, the garden and the fields. This bedroom is peaceful and relaxing. There is a large dressing room.
Two bedrooms (1.40m bed and 1.30m bed) are situated close to the Master bedroom. The double bedroom (1.60m bed) has views over the field and an en-suite wash-room, the other one has a single bed (1.30m) and windows looking over the Hameau. It features a small en-suite shower room.
Further down on the same landing there is another double bedroom (1.40m bed) overlooking the terrace and the garden and a bathroom with separate bath and shower, washbasin and WC.
- Satellite TV, CD and DVD player,
- Internet access: Wi-Fi
- Planted garden, not enclosed Quiet neighbouring
- Swimming pool 12mx6m with access via steps and protected by electronic alarm. Huge white stone beach with comfortable pool beds.
- Table tennis, bar football & Pétanque court
- Car necessary, however there is a Bus stop nearby
- Not suitable to wheelchairs
Nearest city: Aix-en-Provence is only 5km away In Aix you have absolutely everything, Market 3 times a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday), Music festivals, Cafés, Architecture, History and Cézanne’s Provence
- Nearest village: Puyricard 1.5km -- The nearest facilities and shops: in the village of Puyricard, 1.5km away, with a farmers’ market on Friday mornings on the village square.
- Aéroport Marseille Provence 40mn
- Aix en Provence TGV: 25mn
- Avignon: 1h
- Tennis courts: 2/3km away
- First Tee: 20mn
- Wine tasting nearby