France - Burgundy
Wine.... the first thing that spring to mind …Beaune, Mâcon, Côte de Nuits reds and Montrachet whites, Meurseult, Pommard, just to imagine a few… spend some time in Burgundy. A Day of tastings, a sip here and a sip there, each cellar unique, offering up its wonderful wines; a leisurely lunch, a wonderful dinner; A wonderful countryside to bike, or rent a canal boat, consider staying in one of our wonderful hotels, and meandering through this rich area – so much to see and do…one holiday will not be enough.
Evocative towns to visit in the well- loved Burgundy region are:
- Beaune - of course – Wine and Wine… but also its lovely town hall…and the carousel for the kids.
- Autun— with its Roman heritage… original Roman gates and other Roman sights.
- Auxuerre—This is where you’ll see the half-timbered houses of the picture postcard France.
- Vézelay—now a UNESCO World Heritage Site; visit the Basilica of St. Mary Magdalene, Roman sites…
- Dijon – of mustard fame, is one of France’s gastronomic capitals
Impressed by the sheer number of vineyards and wealth of appellations? Just drive along the old route nationale N74, from Beaune to Santenay, to explore the lands which so captivated Charlemagne, Henri IV and Napoleon:
The abundant Côte de Nuits produces excellent Marsannay, Chambertin, Clos de Vougeot, Nuits-St-Georges and Vosne-Romanée. The Côte de Beaune produces wines with exquisite bouquets, known and appreciated all over the world: Corton, Pommard, Volnay, Saint-Romain, Auxey-Duresses, Meursault, Montrachet, Santenay...
Fancy some first class food with your Burgundy wine? Book a table at La Maison Lameloise in Chagny! In Beaune the Michelin starred Loiseau des vignes restaurant has a superb selection of wines by the glass, starting at 3 €uros. If you prefer a "Relais & châteaux" establishment spend the night at L'hostellerie de Levernois before setting off the explore the Great Wine Côte.
Sorting: Name | City | Region | Occupancy
Hostellerie de Levernois - Relais et Chateaux
Hotel le Cep
working on this page, email us...